Action for Abortion Rights
Action for Abortion Rights is a pro-abortion student group at Victoria University of Wellington. Non-student members make up much of the membership.
The organization aims to:
- Raise awareness about current barriers to abortion access
- Campaign for unrestricted access to abortion for any woman who needs & chooses it.
- Be a voice in opposition to anti-choice propaganda; help remove the stigma associated with one of the most common surgical procedure for women worldwide.
- Promote change to Victoria University's preferred insurance policy for international students, which currently does not cover abortion or S.T.I treatment.
- Action for Abortion Rights Facebook group (accessed on 25 Jan, 2011)
- Action for Abortion Rights Press Release: New Coalition Of Pro-choice Groups Announces Protest, 30 Sept. 2010 (accessed on Oct. 1, 2010)