Te Mahoe Unit Abortion Business
Abortion Supervisory Committee
NZ Nurses Organisation
Participated in Istar-Funded Research
Circa 2005, Dr. Sally Rose (UOW), abortionists Carol Shand and Margaret Sparrow, and abortion-business worker, Ann Simmons were members of the research team for a study entitled "Audit of medical termination of pregnancy data" which was funded by Istar and facilitated by the Womens Health Research Centre (UOW) at University of Otago, Wellington. Istar is the company that imports the abortion drug, RU486 into New Zealand. Both Shand and Sparrow are officers of the company.
Publications related to the research include:
- Rose SB, Shand C, Simmons A. Mifepristone- and misoprostol-induced mid-trimester termination of pregnancy: A review of 272 cases. Aus NZ J Obs Gyn 2006;46(6):479-85.
- Shand C, Rose SB, Simmons A, Sparrow MJ. Introduction of early medical abortion in New Zealand: An audit of the first 67 cases. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2005;45(4):316-20.
- RANZCOG website: Abortion in New Zealand, Summer 2007 (accessed on 26 July, 2010)
- ALRANZ website: November 2006 Newsletter
- Issues.co.nz: Family Planning Initiative Will Make Abortion Safer, 11 March 2009 (accessed on 9 July, 2012)
- Ann Simmons' profile on Facebook (accessed on 30 June, 2011)
- NZNO: December 2009 Newsletter (accessed on 9 July, 2012)
- Womens Health Research Centre (UOW): Past Projects in the Womens Health Research Centre (accessed on 9 July 2012)