Family Planning International
Family Planning International was established in 1996 as a unit within the New Zealand Family Planning Association. The organization was established in order to further the 1994 Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development.
Family Planning International's mission is found on their website:
- "Family Planning International aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health of all people through universal access to high quality information and services and the universal realisation of sexual and reproductive rights.
- Through projects, advocacy and research, Family Planning International promotes sexual and reproductive rights and choices to enable people to enjoy respectful sexual relationships and to create healthy families. Positive sexual and reproductive rights, including health, lead to an improved quality of life."
Family Planning International is committed to the achievements of international agreements, in particular the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development Programme of Action, the 1995 Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, and the Millennium Development Goals.
The following work for FPI:
- Sumi Subramaniam, Director of International Development
- Bronwyn Hale, Programme Coordinator
- Mette Mikkelsen, Programme Coordinator
- Sean Mackesy-Buckley, Research and Project Analyst
- Branwen Millar, Project Coordinator
- Angela Nielsen, Communications Coordinator
- Joanna Spratt, Manager (as at 2008), Editor (as at 2009)
- Abby Leota, Project Coordinator (as at 2009)
- Diane Ryan, Programme Coordinator (as at 2009)
- Jackie Edmond, Family Planning Chief Executive (as at 2009)
FPI focuses on the following regions in the Pacific area:
Secretariat for NZPPD
Family Planning International receives funding from UNFPA to provide Secretariat services for the New Zealand Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
- FPI: About Us (accessed on March 6, 2012)
- FPI: Our Mission and Values (accessed on March 1, 2012)
- FPI: Meet Our Team (accessed on March 1, 2012)
- FPA 2007 - 2008 Annual Report
- FPI: Interaction Newsletter, Nov. 2009 (accessed on March 2, 2012)
- FPI: Our Region (accessed on March 1, 2012)
- FPI: New Zealand Parliamentarians' Group on Population and Development (accessed on March 2, 2012)