Janie S. McGarr
Janie S. McGarr lives in Dallas, Texas. She is married to Dallas businessman Cappy McGarr. The couple have a daughter, Kathryn McGarr.
Helped Select New CEO for PP/Greater Texas
In early 2012, the boards of directors of Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region (Austin), Planned Parenthood of Central Texas (Waco) and Planned Parenthood of North Texas (DFW) approved a merger which resulted in a newly structured organization named Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas. A search committee was put together with the purpose of selecting a CEO for the newly formed Planned Parenthood affiliate. The committee was made up of 13 board members from the three original affiliates. Janie McGarr was one of those on this search committee. Then-CEO of Planned Parenthood of North Texas Ken Lambrecht was selected to be CEO of the newly formed organization with the unanimous endorsement of the PPNT search committee.
- Dallas News: Bob Strauss’ life story gives grandniece instant fame in publishing world, Oct. 29, 2011 (accessed on Sep. 9, 2013)
- PPNT Summer 1999 Newsletter Volume 15, Issue 3
- PPNT: Annual Report 2010
- Texas Ethics Commission: campaign finance reports filed electronically from July 1, 2000 - July 21, 2011 (accessed on Jan. 12, 2012)
- Biz Journals: Planned Parenthood of North Texas Names Healthcare Industry Leader Kenneth S. Lambrecht as New President and CEO, Jan. 13, 2011 (accessed on Sep. 19, 2012)
- Annie's List: Dallas (accessed on April 21, 2012)