Jennifer A. Barefoot
Jennifer A. Barefoot
From 1992 – 1996, Barefoot studied at Ithaca College, receiving a BA in Broadcast Journalism. Her second areas of study included Women's Studies and Sports Studies. She also participated in internships with CNN's World Business News, London; NBC's Dateline and KCBS Consumer Reports, Los Angeles.
From 1998 – 2000 she studied at New York University, receiving a MA in Public/Sexual Health Education.
After she received her degree from New York University, Barefoot worked for the International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region (IPPF/WHR), at the organization's New York office.
From 2000 - 2007, Jennifer A. Barefoot, then based in New York, NY, served as Director at Large on the Board of Directors for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion business in the U.S.A.
During her time at Planned Parenthood, Barefoot additionally served in the following capacities for the business:
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 2005-2007
- PPFA/US Representative to IPPF/WHR, 2005-2007
- Executive Committee, 2003-2007
- Chair, Eastern Region, 2003-2005
- Chair, Cultural Diversity Committee, 2005-2006
- Trustee, Planned Parenthood Foundation Board, 2002-2004
- Vision 2025 Task Force, 2002-2004
- Emerging Leaders Task Force, 2006-2008
- Go Green Task Force, 2006-2008
From 2007 – 2012, Barefoot served as Vice Chair for the Executive Committee of the PPFA National Alumni Association.
Planned Parenthood of Arizona
Barefoot has worked in various capacities at the following organizations and corporations:
- Director, Communications, DMB Associates, Inc. (2007 – 2013)
- Communications Manager, Sonoran Institute (2005 – 2007)
- Public Education Associate, American Civil Liberties Union (2004)
- Communications Officer, Kaiser Family Foundation (2000 – 2003) - Here, Barefoot promoted expanded coverage of sexual and reproductive health issues in media as part of the Kaiser Media Resource Project. Responsible for presenting current health research and policy and for crafting and pitching viable health stories.
- Health Educator, New York University (1999 – 2000) - Here, Barefoot was responsible for conducting ongoing health needs assessment to develop and enhance targeted health promotion programs on college health issues ranging from stress management to nutrition and from sexual health to substance use/abuse for the NYU's Center for Health Promotion.
- Senior Research Associate, Rodale (1996 – 1998)