The Lyndhurst Hospital is the largest abortion mill in the South Island of New Zealand. It is the provider for first trimester terminations of pregnancy for the women of Canterbury, Southland, and the West Coast of the South Island.
Lyndhurst hospital is located in central Christchurch, at 440 Montreal Street. Opening hours are 8am to 4pm. They are publically funded and commit first trimester abortions, as well as providing assessment for second trimester abortions, which are subsequently performed at Christchurch Women’s Hospital. 
Following the 22 February and 13 June earthquakes in Christchurch, it was decided that the Lyndhurst Abortion Business would not be reopening for the forseeable future. The clinic was moved in to Christchurch Public Hospital where abortions (including late term abortions) are already being committed. Ashburton Hospital is also equipped to carry out abortion should Christchurch Hospital be over-run by requests for abortions.
The number of first trimester abortions performed at Lyndhurst was 2330 in 2007, 2248 in 2004, and 2121 in 2003, showing a general upward trend.
- Dr. Robert Aitken, abortionist
- Dr. Pippa Mackay, abortionist
- Kirsty McKellar, certifying consultant
- S. Wright.
- Kate Paterson, Nurse Manager (as at 2003)
- Diana Edwards, director (as at Jan. 1999)
- Alison F. Begg
- Robin M. Marchant
- Michael Laney, abortion license holder for the clinic as at Nov. 2000
- Canterbury District Healthboard website: Women's Health Division - Annual Clinic Report 2003
- Abortion Services in New Zealand, Lyndhurst Hospital (accessed on 1 May 2010)
- Canterbury District Health Board Women's Health Division Annual Clinical Report 2004, pg 65 (accessed on 1 May 2010)
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Predilatation of the Cervix Before Suction Curettage for Therapeutic Abortion in Early Pregnancy, Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 103–104, February 1994 (accessed on 4 July, 2011)
- Abortion Services in New Zealand, Certifying Consultants by Region (accessed on 1 May 2010)
- Girls' parents often unaware of abortions, The Southland Times, 23 Jan. 1999
- ASC Meeting Minutes, 3 November, 2000