Margaret Sanger Center
- Not to be confused with the Margaret Sanger Health Center Planned Parenthood abortion business in Arizona.
- Bronwyn E. S. Fitz
- Enayat Hakim-Elahi
- Gerald Zupnick
- Gillian Dean
- Ila D. Dayananda
- Maureen Elizabeth Paul
- Mohammad Reza Momtaz
- Nikki Colodny
- Sondra B. Dantzic
- Timothy Edward Ryntz
On May 4, 2013, an ambulance and a police car arrived at the facility. A patient was put in the ambulance on a stretcher.
Agreed to Commit Sex-Selection Abortion
On April 11, 2012, Live Action carried out an undercover investigation at the Margaret Sanger Center abortion business. The video footage showed social worker Randi Coun, LMSW at the Margaret Sanger Center abortion business, encouraging a woman to obtain a late-term abortion because she was purportedly carrying a girl and wanted to have a boy. A partial transcript is below:
- Woman: “So, but we have a daughter, and after her birth and that abortion I went on birth control, I went on the Pill, and just came off of it last fall, because really, we decided, you know, we’ve had a daughter, we’d really like to have a son, so we’ve been working on, you know, trying at that – which, the fun is in trying anyway... But, um, I found out I was pregnant, and are you familiar at all with IntelliGender?”
- PP: “No.”
- Woman: “It’s an over-the-counter test, we found out that it looks like it’s gonna be a girl, another girl.”
- PP: “Mhmm.” Smiling, with finger over her mouth.
- Woman: “So, you know, we’re like, “Ok, here we are again.” You know, it’s not really, it’s not what we’re looking for right now...”
- PP: "Right. Right, right, right. So, yeah, I mean, most of the, some of the places we know are sort of closer to here that are downtown, it woudl obviously be, if it was a pregnancy you were interested in continuing with it would obviously be a lot more convenient for you to be seeing someone closer to your home... I mean, we could certainly do–"
- Woman: "We could probably, I mean, just at this stage even, if there is somebody that you guys would recommend - ...That I could go to just to get the test, so that we know– ...Um, because, then if we find out that it is a girl, then we could terminate earlier, rather than having to wait.”
- PP: "Yeah!” (Randi nods approvingly.)
- Woman: “Are there fewer complications that way?”
- PP: "Yeah, so, you know, with, so, an abortion up to, at any stage up to 24 weeks is considered a safe procedure."
- Woman: “That–I mean, it sounds like if we do this test, we can avoid waiting longer.”
- PP: “Yes.”
- Woman: “Just to find out definitively, which I think would give us more peace of mind, because, again, we even, like, my husband and I, we argue about this a little bit. We’re like, well what if the baby that we had aborted you know, after my daughter’s birth was the boy!”
- PP: “Right.”
- Woman: “And here I am, you know, pregnant again with a girl, like how many times do we have to keep trying, you know?”
- PP: “Mhmm.” (Nods)
- Woman: “But um, so that might be a safer bet, to just try that. Now, the OB/GYN that you guys are going to refer me to – if, you know, I go and I get the testing and they’re like, ‘Oh, it’s healthy – you’ve got all these checkmarks, everything’s fine, but we confirm that it’s a girl, will they judge me at all – if they find out that I’m going to come back here to terminate it because it’s a girl?”
- PP: “Well, so that’s–it’s really your decision. I can’t tell you if somebody is going to judge you or not. I don’t know. You know, I, I, I can’t, I can’t speak for anybody else and how they practice or what they do.”
- Woman: “...Okay. So we’re probably talking about scheduling for the 14th week of pregnancy? (Randi nods.) And you guys do that here–maybe I should go ahead–can I schedule that appointment so that I have that on the books?
- PP: “Sure."
- Woman: “cause we’re pretty sure it is a girl again–80%-90% sure–and then once we get that confirmation, I’ll just plan on keeping it. And I’ll call you guys if for some reason we found out, “It’s a boy!”
- PP: “That’s fine. Um, I’ll give you my card, and you can call me."
- Woman: “Oh, thank you.
- PP: “Yeah, sure."
- Website: Margaret Sanger Center – New York, NY
- Address: 26 Bleecker St., New York, NY 10012
- Operation Rescue: Planned Parenthood Lands Patient in Hospital in NYC], May 7, 2013] (accessed on July 26, 2014)
- ProtectOurGirls.com: GENDERCIDE IN AMERICA: Undercover in NYC (accessed on June 4, 2012)