New Woman All Women Health Care
New Woman All Women Health Care is an abortion business located in Birmingham, Alabama. It has been operating since 1987.
On Feb. 8, 2013, the Life Legal Defense Foundation provided the following update concerning the future of the facility:
- "Per Brian Hale, Rainwater did not submit any new documents since the January deadline. Therefore the license was denied as incomplete."
This meant that the most recent application for the reopening of the facility had been officially denied.
- Dianne Derzis, owner
- Ivan Diamond, abortionist (until circa Feb. 2012)
- Jacquelyn Fields, lab technician (2011 - present)
- Bruce Elliott Norman
- Patrick Smith
On Jan. 21, 2012, pro-lifers witnessing outside the abortion business observed two instances of women being carried out the back door of the facility into waiting ambulances. The facility could not accommodate a gurney which forced responders to carry the first victim out. The second victim was transported down the steps in a wheelchair. An image gallery of the two incidents is below, courtesy of Jill Stanek.
Surrender of Licence to Operate
The Alabama Department of Public Health investigated the business in response to a complaint received in January. The department found "significant failures in maintaining compliance... for safe and effective provision of care." The complaint came after two patients were sent to a hospital from the clinic on Jan. 21 after getting overdoses of the drug vasopressin, which is used to stem blood loss after abortions and other gynecologic surgeries. According to the agency's report, investigators found that there weren't policies in place to deal with medication errors, that some providers didn't have proof they were trained in performing abortions, as well as other rules violations.
The clinic's owner Dianne Derzis agreed in April to surrender the facility's license after the investigation. As part of the agreement, the state ordered the facility to cease performing abortions by May 11 and surrender its license by May 18, 2012 unless a new operator could successfully apply for a state license.
- Address: 1001 17th St. S., Birmingham, AL 35205
- Phone: 205-933-1118
- Website: www.newwomanallwomen.com
- New Woman All Women Health: Fee Schedule (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- JillStanek.com: Good Friday: Alabama abortion mill shutting down due to numerous health code violations, April 8, 2012 (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- StandTrue.com: PRAISE GOD! ONE LESS ABORTIONIST IN ALABAMA, Feb. 6, 2012 (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- LinkedIn.com: Jacquelyn Fields's profile (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- AbortionDocs.org: New Woman All Women Health (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- JillStanek.com: Two botched abortions; no gurney access, Jan. 21, 2012 (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- AL.com: Alabama Health Department: Birmingham women's clinic to hand over license, April 6, 2012 (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)
- AL.com: New Woman All Women Health Clinic in Birmingham no longer to have license to operate after today, May 18, 2012 (accessed on Oct. 4, 2012)