OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center is a hospital located in downtown Columbus, Ohio. It is a member-hospital of OhioHealth, a not-for-profit, faith-based system of hospitals and healthcare providers located in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas.
Admitting Privileges for Abortionists
Ohio law mandates that abortionists must have admitting privileges at a local hospital.
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center provides admitting privileges to all three abortion businesses located in Columbus, Ohio. They are:
Regarding the agreement, on July 28, 2013, Rev. Keith Vesper, vice president for OhioHealth Mission and Ministry stated,
- "We will continue to provide this emergency care. Even though some of these procedures would not be performed within our own facilities, we are absolutely committed to safe, compassionate care for women in all circumstances.”
Connection to United Methodist Church
OhioHealth's faith-based connection is through the West Ohio Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church. The West Ohio Conference is a sole member of OhioHealth, meaning leadership from the Conference works closely with OhioHealth leadership to guide:
- the values that shape our healthcare services and the medical decision-making process
- the services OhioHealth provides
- where and how OhioHealth provide those services
The United Methodist Church is a pro-abortion denomination and is active within the abortion lobby.
Connection to American Baptist Churches
Serving on the OhioHealth Pastoral Care Faculty are two ordained ministers within the pro-abortion American Baptist Churches denomination. They are Barbara Bullock, Pastoral Care Director; and Orin Newberry, Director, Pastoral Care Department for Grant Medical Center, Doctors Hospital and Dublin Methodist Hospital.
Pastoral Care Faculty
As at August 2014, the following were members of the Pastoral Care Faculty for OhioHealth:
- Mike Oskin, Clinical Pastoral Education Program Manager (ordained in the Church of the Brethren)
- Keith Vesper, Vice President, OhioHealth Mission and Ministry (ordained elder in the United Methodist Church)
- Orin Newberry, Director, Pastoral Care Department for Grant Medical Center, Doctors Hospital and Dublin Methodist Hospital (ordained minister with the American Baptist Churches)
- Kristin Langstraat, System Director, Faith Community Relations (ordained elder in the United Methodist Church)
- Barbara Bullock, Pastoral Care Director (ordained minister with the American Baptist Churches)
- The Columbus Dispatch: Restrictions forcing a few abortion clinics to close, July 28, 2014 (accessed on Aug. 2, 2014)
- OhioHealth: Pastoral and Faith-Based Care (accessed on Aug. 3, 2014)
- OhioHealth: Clinical Pastoral Education Program - Faculty (accessed on Aug. 3, 2014)
- BizJournals: Spotlight: Michael Lawson, OhioHealth Grant Medical Center, June 27, 2014 (accessed on Aug. 3, 2014)