Planned Parenthood Women's Health Center
Planned Parenthood Women's Health Center is an abortion business based in Lubbock, Texas. It was originally known as Aaron Women's Health Center.
The business claims to not utilize federal funds and operates on a fee-for-service basis. Up until March 2012, Tony Ray Thornton worked as CEO of both the abortion business and the longtime Planned Parenthood Association of Lubbock family planning center, located in the Briercroft Office Park. The two entities maintain separate locations, staff, and financial books. The original Planned Parenthood continues to be a federally funded facility while the new corporation is strictly privately funded.
- John Malcolm MacKenzie, abortionist
- Tony Ray Thornton, CEO
- Tara Haskell, formerly Director of Finance, currently CEO
Hopes to Offer RU486 Abortions
Circa Nov. 2010, former CEO Tony Ray Thornton said that he hoped that the business would offer medical abortions in the future. Medical abortions use combinations of drugs to terminate pregnancies at nine weeks or less. Area women who opt for a medical abortion currently must travel to Midland for the procedure.
- Address: 3302 67th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79413
- Phone: (806) 792-6331
- Website: www.plannedfamilyclinic.com
- Lubbock Online: Planned Parenthood purchases Aaron's Women Clinic, will keep the same staff, add new service at Lubbock's only abortion clinic, Nov. 20, 2010 (accessed on July 24, 2012)
- AbortionDocs: Planned Parenthood Women's Health Center (accessed on July 24, 2012)
- LifeNews: Planned Parenthood CEO Arrested for Indecent Exposure Ousted, March 14, 2012 (accessed on July 24, 2012)