Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) was an American actor and comedian.
Involved in Abortion of his Child
Andy Dougan in his book, Robin Williams: A Biography, writes:
- "In an interview in Playboy magazine some years later, the subject turned to the Bush administration's stance on abortion. Williams agonised about the plight of the poor who would be forced into a terrible dilemma of either having an unwanted child or consulting a potentially deadly backstreet abortionist. Williams offered that making the decision to have an abortion was not an easy one, which begged the obvious question from interviewer Lawrence Grobel about whether he had ever found himself in that position.
- "Long, long, long time ago," Williams replied candidly, 'and it was because we were too young and it wasn't right.'"
On October 10, 2006, Robin Williams was the featured comic at NARAL Pro-Choice California's Performers for Choice Annual Fundraiser. The stated purpose of the event was "to raise awareness and financial support to defeat Proposition 85 on November's ballot."
California Proposition 85, the Parental Notification Initiative, was a proposition on the ballot for California voters in the general election of November 7, 2006. It failed by a vote of 46%-54%.
The event was held at Bimbos 365 Club - 1025 Columbus Avenue - San Francisco, CA.
Tables of ten costed $10,000 or $20,000. Tables of four are costed $5,000. Individual Sponsor tickets costed $1,000. Individual tickets costed $250.
- Robin Williams: A Biography, 1999, by Andy Dougan. Page 35
- Social Domain: NARAL Pro-Choice California's Performers for Choice Annual Fundraiser featuring legendary comic Robin Williams (accessed on Aug. 14, 2014)
- Wikipedia: California Proposition 85 (2006) (accessed on Aug. 14, 2014)