On 19 September, 1988, The Press reported she co-authored with Phillida Bunkle, an article which sparked a National Women's Hospital cancer inquiry.
Auckland Medical Aid Trust
Women's Health Action Trust
Coney and Phillida Bunkle co-founded Fertility Action which is now the Women's Health Action Trust. In 1999, Coney was Executive Director of the Women's Health Action Trust.. In 2010 she was a consultant for the organisation.
Attended Event Honouring Sir Edmund Hillary
On 1 October, 2009, Coney attended the opening of the new "Hillary Trail", a walking track opened in honour of Mountaineer and former Vice President of the Abortion Law Reform Association of New Zealand, Sir Edmund Hillary.
- Central Leader: Dedication gets rewards, 11 June, 2010 (accessed on 27 July 2010)
- WHA website: Cartwright (accessed on 27 July, 2010)
- Women's Health Action Press Release: Abortion/Breast Cancer Link Disputed, 19 August 1999 (accessed on 25 July, 2010)
- Women's Health Action Trust website: Staff (accessed on 25 July, 2010)
- Western Leader: Waitakere trail honours Sir Ed, 1 Oct., 2009 (accessed on 27 July, 2010)