Tove Partington, a self-proclaimed activist, runs Auckland Pro-Choice.
"Attacks on Choice" Event
On 23 July, 2010, Janet Roth, Communist League and Toni Haraldsen, Campus Feminist Collective attended a meeting organised by the Campus Feminist Collective at the University of Auckland which was entitled “Attacks on Choice". Speaking at the event was Tom Baumann, a leader of the Young Socialists from the United States. The following stated that they intended to attend the event: Zannii Anderscum, Caroline Fergusson, Gabrielle Ch-, Soraiya Daud, Nicole Maree Wallace, Miriam Williams, Natasha Lewis, Juliet Thomborson, Matthew Goode, Tove Partington, Toni Haraldsen.
"Helped Arrange Secret Abortions"
On 17 May, 2011, Partington stated,
- "I believe young girls should be allowed to have abortions without telling their parents, and have helped girls arrange secret abortions."
Campus Feminist Collective
- The Militant, Vol. 73/No. 31, 17 August, 2009 (accessed on 21 July, 2010)
- Facebook Event: Attacks on Choice (accessed on 21 July, 2010)
- Mums on Top: Child Abuse in New Zealand, 15 May, 2011; comment by Tove Partington on 17 May, 2011 (accessed on 19 May, 2011)
- NZ Herald: Shifting blame won't save kids, by Kerre Woodham, 15 May, 2011 (accessed on 19 May, 2011)